lunes, 2 de abril de 2012

Woke up early this morning to see a gorgeous sunrise. The sun rising from behind the mountains on the opposite side of the lake is an incredible sight! Drove into town with Oscar this morning and did some errands for the camp and some grocery shopping for myself and for a poor family that we delivered food too. We drove by the dump where a lot of people "work". It took about 2 seconds (literally) for the tears to start flowing. It's not the same as seeing pictures on tv or hearing stories. I wasnt even in the dump yet and I had already been broken for these people. I don't even have to interact with the people to see how much different our lives are. We will be stopping there one of the next few days. I seriously want you all to see this first hand. It just reminds me that so many of the things we invest our time and money in back home aren't real. Its so evident when God moves in the lives of these people. It takes a stubborn person to deny it. Someone more stubborn than myself and I know I can write a lot of those things off sometimes. We live in a blessed country in the states, but that also can distract us from seeing God move. This has opened my eyes to what God has been doing in my life and how to look for it as it happens when I return. Go God!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario