domingo, 1 de abril de 2012

I have to share this cool story!
       I have had the entire camp to myself all day and was able to spend quite a good chunk of time reading my spanish / english new testament down on the stairs leading to the beach. A man walked by carrying his daughter, asleep in his arms, head on his shoulder. This was very cute at first. A few minutes later after the man had past by, I noticed his footprints still in the somewhat wet sand as the wind off the enormous lake blew sand around just above them. This struck me hard as I remembered that not one person had passed me by, but two as he was carrying his daughter. I couldnt help but be reminded of the poem of the footprints in the sand! When the lord is asked why there is only one set of footprints, and he replies "the times you have seen only one set of footprints, are the times that I carried you." This broke me yet again. That moment where the sayings you have heard a million times are like new because of the impact they have on you suddenly! When I get tired and start to stray... he is still holding on to me. Counter intuitive if you ask me but I can't complain! What a gift! Keep breaking my heart Lord!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario